POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Iceland (was: Loneliness WIP) : Re: Iceland (was: Loneliness WIP) Server Time
15 Aug 2024 10:23:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Iceland (was: Loneliness WIP)
From: Philippe Lhoste
Date: 2 Aug 2002 06:10:27
Message: <3d4a5a93@news.povray.org>
"Tim Nikias" <tim### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> This is just what became of the Loneliness WIP:
> A cold and icy landscape, a lonesome iglu, some
> nice effects with media (scattering and emission
> alike), a little patience for the rendering time...
>
> Comments, criticism, anything welcome, as usual.
> (Yes Peter, I'll try the lightnings soon... ;-)

I am not sure, because I don't know well these countries, but it seems to me
that you are showing dunes (of sand) here, like those in Sahara or French's
Landes, rather than the kind of landspace my memory expect to see (mostly
from cartoons :-)

http://coolspace.gsfc.nasa.gov/northpole/pics/

Well, if you don't locate precisely your image on a given Earth spot, I
suppose it is OK.

The sky is beautiful. The snow could be a bit more dusty, perhaps. Or is it
just the Jpeg compression?

Regards.

Philippe Lhoste (Paris -- France)
http://jove.prohosting.com/~philho/